Using a blend of teaching methods outlined in the National Curriculum mixed with our teachers’ TEFL experience and syllabuses, in a short time our language students are able to:
• Communicate orally
• Share their ideas and feelings using speech
• Compare their use of English grammar and spelling to another language
• Express some ideas in writing
Our highly effective online classes involve a range of engaging practices including:
• Listening to the new language and joining in to learn everyday words and phrases
• Reading texts and stories in another language, carrying out basic comprehension tasks
• Learning songs, poems, rhymes and stories in another language to help with vocabulary but also with cultural understanding
• Learning how to have conversations in another language to share ideas and opinions as well as being able to ask and answer questions
• Writing some words and phrases from memory as well as describing people and places with basic sentences.
If you would like a free trial session in any of our language classes, please get in touch and we will book you in to the next available session. We host one-to-one as well as group classes so whatever you prefer, we should be able to help.
Whether you are starting from scratch, have some basics already, or even if fluency is your goal, you can learn and feel comfortable speaking a second (or third) language with our expert tutors. Speaking a foreign language can bring huge advantages throughout one’s entire life. From the first steps on the ladder of trying for the best independent or grammar schools – to filling out UCAS forms for university – and all the way up to applying for that coveted role in the dream job, speaking additional languages can give you the edge over many of your competitors. Being able to converse in a different tongue opens up opportunities for business, travel and lifestyle choices in general and is a skill that should be seriously considered. As with most skills, the earlier you start, the easier it is to learn quickly, and the better you will be by the time you may need to play that language card.
Learning a language is like learning an instrument. The voice is literally played by a combination of movements from the tongue, lips, mouth and vocal chords. With this in mind, it is essential that language practice is kept up regularly beyond lessons and outside of the classroom environment.
Students will receive an hours lesson each week with some months students receiving up to 5 lessons: fees are £100 per month and is due at the beginning of the month for the month.
*You can receive further discount by booking our other group lessons in Maths, English and Science. You can find more information here.
ONE TO ONE LESSONS
Fees are charged at £60 per hour and students can pick the frequency of lessons per week.
The foreign language learning your child experiences with us will be more than enough to set them on their way. However, you might like to support their learning at home by trying some of the following:
• 11 Plus London’s recommended language aids
• The Government’s languages curriculum booklet
• Languages pages from the BBC
• Little Red Languages (free languages resources and activities)
• Duolingo — a fun and effective way to learn languages
Bonjour! Sharpen language skills over the Summer with our wonderful weekly lessons in French
Hola! Develop and strengthen Spanish with our dynamic tutors in our weekly classes over the Summer.
Ciao! Improve or pick up Italian with our wonderful tutors in our weekly classes over the Summer.
Ni Hao! Learn one of the most spoken languages in the world with us over the Summer: Mandarin.
Hello! Need some help learning English as a foreign language? Our Summer school weekly classes will help you improve.