French, Spanish, Italian, Mandarin
Our bilingual expert teachers are ready to help you improve your second (or third) languages in engaging weekly group or one to one classes.
Using a blend of teaching methods outlined in the National Curriculum mixed with our teachers’ TEFL experience and syllabuses, in a short time our language students are able to:
• Communicate orally
• Share their ideas and feelings using speech
• Compare their use of English grammar and spelling to another language
• Express some ideas in writing
Our highly effective online classes involve a range of engaging practices including:
• Listening to the new language and joining in to learn everyday words and phrases
• Reading texts and stories in another language, carrying out basic comprehension tasks
• Learning songs, poems, rhymes and stories in another language to help with vocabulary but also with cultural understanding
• Learning how to have conversations in another language to share ideas and opinions as well as being able to ask and answer questions
• Writing some words and phrases from memory as well as describing people and places with basic sentences.
If you would like a free trial session in any of our language classes, please get in touch and we will book you in to the next available session. We host one-to-one as well as group classes so whatever you prefer, we should be able to help.
Students will receive an hours lesson each week with some months students receiving up to 5 lessons: fees are £100 per month and is due at the beginning of the month for the month.
*You can receive further discount by booking our other group lessons in Maths, English and Science. You can find more information here.
ONE TO ONE LESSONS
Fees are charged at £50 per hour and students can pick the frequency of lessons per week.
The foreign language learning your child experiences with us will be more than enough to set them on their way. However, you might like to support their learning at home by trying some of the following:
• 11 Plus London’s recommended language aids
• The Government’s languages curriculum booklet
• Languages pages from the BBC
• Little Red Languages (free languages resources and activities)
• Duolingo — a fun and effective way to learn languages
Whether you are starting from scratch, have some basics already, or even if fluency is your goal, you can learn and feel comfortable speaking a second (or third) language with our expert tutors. Speaking a foreign language can bring huge advantages throughout one’s entire life. From the first steps on the ladder of trying for the best independent or grammar schools – to filling out UCAS forms for university – and all the way up to applying for that coveted role in the dream job, speaking additional languages can give you the edge over many of your competitors. Being able to converse in a different tongue opens up opportunities for business, travel and lifestyle choices in general and is a skill that should be seriously considered. As with most skills, the earlier you start, the easier it is to learn quickly, and the better you will be by the time you may need to play that language card.
Learning a language is like learning an instrument. The voice is literally played by a combination of movements from the tongue, lips, mouth and vocal chords. With this in mind, it is essential that language practice is kept up regularly beyond lessons and outside of the classroom environment.
Where are lessons held?
Group lessons are held online via video calling with Google Meet or Zoom.
We make use of an online interactive whiteboard alongside online video calling via Google Meet. This tried and tested method is very easy to use – thanks to our years of experience working with students internationally, we now have a track record of effective online tuition with children of all ages.
Advances in digital technology have been empowering for the educational sphere and children are usually more engaged and get more attention from our online classes than they would anywhere else (including school!)
Currently, classroom lessons are temporarily suspended and replaced with our online classes due to the COV-id 19 pandemic.
When are our classes held?
Our language lessons are usually held on Thursdays. Please contact us for specific times for languages.
11 Plus London has helped over 800 children in the past 12 years; you can be assured your child will receive:
– tried and tested classes and courses proven to improve children’s chances of success
– excellent teaching with small group sizes – ensuring maximal attention for each child
– experienced teachers who are able to help your child identify their weaknesses, play on their strengths and make notable improvements
– honest, personalised feedback throughout the process to assist you in your entrance exam journey.
Check out our verified reviews on Google.
“Jane and Andrew are wonderful teachers, my daughter has just received 7+ offers from all the schools she applied to. The quality of her work and her focus have improved since attending and she also thoroughly enjoyed all the classes. Win win!! Thank you so much.”
“They are simply the best in town. My son has been able to pass the 11+ exams and is currently at Wilson’s Grammar School. They make sure that the child gets to the required level and prepare him really well. They also give regular feedback and make recommendations to achieve the desired results. Highly recommended.”
“Our son had a terrific experience with the tutors of 11 plus LONDON which helped him get into top secondary school. He came in very late into the preparation but loved the intensive courses and the very personal and caring attitude of the tutors. With their vaste expérience they knew exactly what he needed to increase his chances of succès in a very short period of time.”
“Jane and Andrew are very responsible and extremely helpful. Their tutoring is very effective and personalized. We sincerely appreciate their help. My son got offers from top London schools including CLS. Highly recommended!.”
“A massive thanks to Andrew, Jane and the team. With just about 4 months of tuition, our son aced his 7+ tests and got his first choice place at KCS Wimbledon – a remarkable feat and a testament to the testprep expertise and knowledge of 11 Plus London. Highly recommended.”