What are Custom Courses?
Custom courses are personalised courses made entirely for your child so your child gains maximum benefit from their tuition. Suitable for all ages from year 2 to year 11 and in any subject, for any exam. We create a course based on your requirements/ your child’s current ability, and provide an experienced tutor/teacher to instruct your child on a one to one basis.
Our ‘Custom courses’ are based on three main steps which is summarised as ACT: Assess, Customise and Teach.
ASSESS: This is our first step where we aim to understand your child’s goals and requirements. For example: Are they preparing for an exam? Is it for a particular school? What are their strengths and weaknesses? Once we have established your objective, we will then move on to our second step.
CUSTOMISE: In our second step, your child will complete the necessary assessments so we can gain the insight needed to develop their custom course. A plan of what topics will be studied, how many sessions/weeks is recommended and a quotation of your personalised plan will be discussed with you. Our average course is 4-8 sessions completed over 4-6 weeks. For example, your child who is 10, and preparing for their upcoming 11+ exams completes an assessment in English and maths for us. From the assessment, we find your child has a weakness in angles, fractions and creative writing. We create a 6 week plan covering all of her weaker areas highlighted and a quote of £390 for the 6 sessions of one to one tutoring plus £95 for the assessment.
TEACH: In our final step, an experienced tutor is matched to your child who will strive to ensure your child is happy and engaged throughout. In addition, we discuss whether you would like the sessions to be delivered face to face at our Saturday school or online at a day/time convenient to both tutor and student. The tutor follows the personalised plan, and homework is given to students after each session and subsequently marked. At the end of the course, the tutor will then provide your child’s personalised feedback and recommendations.
Why a Custom Course?
- STRUCTURED AND PERSONALISED – With custom courses, the 3 ACT stages (assess, customise and teach) provide a clear outlook for parents so they can gauge their child’s weaknesses, strengths and the progress they have made. This structured approach is incredibly useful for students who would benefit from gaining confidence on their unique weaknesses, for those who would like to stay ahead in preparation for their exams, and for children who would benefit from revising at the end of their exam journey.
- IDEAL FOR ANY AGE – Because the courses are completely customised to your child’s needs, children of all ages and in preparation of any exams would benefit from this custom course.
- TOP TUTORS Our experienced tutors and teachers are matched to your child’s personality and unique goals to ensure maximum benefit in the teaching sessions. Most of our tutors and teachers have an average experience of 8+ years, making them highly qualified in pedagogy, subject knowledge and the exam procedures.
- HIGH QUALITY RESOURCES – Our tutors have a variety of excellent resources at hand – in almost every subject, giving your child exactly what they need to succeed at their level. Only the highest quality resources are used to enrich the learning experience enabling us to fully prepare and motivate students for exam preparation.
- FLEXIBILITY – We offer online sessions and face to face sessions in our Victoria venue. We know that each child is unique and many work better face to face rather than online which is why we offer both options for our students.
|ONLINE PER SESSION
|FACE TO FACE PER SESSION
|Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2
|11 Plus, Key Stage 3
|Key Stage 4, GCSE, iGCSE
|Assessment and course creation
Prices are inclusive of VAT.