What is the 5 Day 11+ October Course?
Our 11+ October Course is built to provide your child with all the information, techniques and confidence required to be a successful candidate for your chosen schools’ entrance exams. Over the week, your child will revise and harness their skills in a class environment, filling in any remaining gaps in knowledge and bringing their existing knowledge to a more advanced level. The course is based upon the most popular topics for the entrance exams; mathematics, creative writing, comprehension, creative comprehension, exam technique, interview practice, reasoning skills are all covered.
How is our course structured?
The October half-term course is a 5 day course running from Monday to Friday with 5.5 hours of instruction per day. It is managed by our course instructors who possess over 20 years of experience in exam preparation collectively. Lessons are in small groups of a maximum 7 per tutor. All classwork, homework, mock exams, assessments, online practice questions/assessments are included.
A mock exam takes place at the beginning of the course, so we can identify children’s weaknesses and respond accordingly by helping fill in the gaps or extending their knowledge to a greater depth. This will also allow us to group children appropriately throughout the course, enabling every child to be stretched and reach their full potential. After the course, a written report with honest feedback and recommendations is emailed to parents ensuring parents are abreast of the insights we gather during the course.
These intensive courses are perfect for making the most of your child’s October half-term. Despite the intensive tuition, the class environment and lesson structure is built to be fun and engaging. This means that your child will be happy to learn, and more often than not, leave with a smile on their face and some new friends.
Here are some example topics of what the October half-term course covers:
- Algebra (maths)
- FDP and ratios(maths)
- Word problems and puzzles (maths)
- Picking vocabulary and its effects (creative writing and verbal reasoning)
- Writing to gain maximum marks (creative writing)
- Evidence and explanations (comprehension)
- Spelling, punctuation and grammar revision (English)
- Vocabulary (English and verbal-reasoning)
- Logical deduction skills (Verbal reasoning and creative comprehension)
- Spatial awareness (Non-verbal reasoning and maths)
- Identifying similarities between shapes and words (verbal and non-verbal reasoning)
- Mathematical concepts such as symmetry, rotation and reflection (maths and non-verbal reasoning)
- Interview skills and exam technique
(Parents will receive a full timetable a week before the course start date)